Microsoft Outlook is the world’s most popular email client application which is used for communication purpose. It is developed by Microsoft Company and comes along with the package of Microsoft Office suite. It contains Outlook attributes like emails, contacts, meeting lists, calendar entries, RSS feeds, tasks, etc. and all these get stored in personal storage folder with .pst extension. So it is better to keep the backup of PST files in any storage folder.
Sometimes you may come across the situation like corruption of your PST files. This happens due to various unexpected reasons like header corruption, file transfer interruption, network related problems, etc. If the corruption happens is at interior level you can make use of inbuilt repairing tool which i.e. scanpst.exe tool to repair the corrupted PST file. If the corruption is at extreme level then you have to make use of third party tools. Don’t waste your time in searching fixing tools because a reliable and 100% safe secured tool is readily available which is called as Fix PST tool. It is a read only tool it doesn’t modify the original PST file. It just read the content from it and fixes it by generating a new PST file.
Once your PST file gets corrupted you may popup with the following error messages:
- File has reached its maximum size
- The Outlook.pst is not a personal folder file.
- The Outlook.pst file could not be found.
- pst file cannot be accessed – 0x80040116, etc.
Before going to discuss the features of this software let us see the reasons behind the corruption of Outlook PST file.
- Header Corruption: Header of each PST file is used to store the file details like file name, file size, file creation date, file modified date, etc. If it gets corrupted due to any reasons then it results in the corruption of PST files.
- Bad Sectors: All the PST files are stored in any one of the partitions of hard drive. If the affect of bad sectors is more on these partitions then it results in the corruption of PST file and the user cannot able to open the files.
- Error while Up-Grading Outlook: At the time of up-grading the Outlook older version to newer one if any error occurs like Abrupt system shutdown, etc. then it results in the corruption of PST files and the files become inaccessible.
- File Transfer Interruption: While transferring the file on internet if any sort of interruption occurs like network failures, sudden system shutdown, etc. then it results in the corruption of Outlook PST files.
- Other Reasons: Other reasons like Outlook application crash, hard drive crash, virus attacks, software conflicts, etc. also lead to the corruption of PST files.
Salient Features of Fix PST Tool:
This software can be able to fix the corrupted or damaged PST files on all the versions of Windows OS such as Windows 8/7/XP/Vista/server 2003 & server 2008. It supports all the Microsoft Outlook versions like Outlook 2010, 2007, 2003, 2000. This application is used for recovering Outlook attributes like emails, notes, contacts, appointments, tasks, calendar entries, RSS feeds, etc. It is used to repair password protected and highly encrypted PST files. This tool is used for recovering deleted folders and emails that are deleted accidentally. This tool provides the real time preview of PST file. Check it out this page to get detailed information about how to fix damaged or corrupted Outlook PST files.